Thermal Fluid Heaters
Thermal fluid heaters use a liquid medium to transfer heat energy into a process through a closed loop system. Through use of thermal oils or glycols higher operating temperatures can be safely achieved than is practical with steam systems, making thermal heaters easier than common steam systems to operate and maintain.
ERG also designs and supplies thermal fluid systems and subloops for accurate temperature control of specific process applications.
Thermal fluid heaters are used in a very wide variety of process and industrial heating applications and have the following benefits over steam or water systems.
- Standard operating temperatures up to 345°C
- Non-pressurised systems
- Lower carbon footprint
- No freezing, or heat tracing
- No corrosion
- Enclosed system
- No water treatment required
Both fired units and electrically powered units are available depending on your application and requirements.
- Outputs from 230kW to 10 MW
- High thermal efficiency up to 88% of LHV
- Suitable for a wide range of fluids
- Low heat flux rates and long fluid life
- All coils conform to API RP 530
- Fuels – heavy, light and diesel oil, natural gas and LPG in any combination.
- Outputs from 10 kW to 100 kW
- Tight temperature control