Toxic waste & VOC DestructionThermal oxidation is an excellent method of destroying toxic and unwanted chemicals, and converting them into benign and harmless compounds. This is particularly applicable where the toxic materials are organic and is a more environmentally benign disposal method than landfill. The process can be combined with energy recovery techniques to minimise operating costs.
ERG’s combustion engineering staff are experts in the destruction of volatile organic compounds (VOC’s). VOC destruction and removal has become a very prominent issue in industry and environmental management today. Advantages of thermal oxidation that make it particularly suited to this application are:
- Ease of operation and control
- Ability to cater for process variations
- Continuous process
- Number of process components is small
- Potential for waste heat recovery
- In many cases there are no further disposal problems (as compared to condensation or scrubbing processes)